Receive Weekly Offers
The historic spa centre, situated over the healing “Gurgitello” springs, was constructed by the Manzi brothers in 1863, under the design of architect Gaetano Fazzini.
The interiors were created in Pompeian style with majestic columns and barrel and convex vaults.
Next to the spa centre was situated the “Dei Romani" hotel, where General Giuseppe Garibaldi resorted to for treatment in 1864 after injuries sustained in the battle of Aspermont.
In the 1960's, the famous film producer Angelo Rizzoli acquired and restored the complex, turning it into a top holiday destination.